Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hello, again, and Breadless BLT

Whew, it's hard to remember to write here during a semester.  Also, honestly, I haven't felt well for a couple of months.  I think it's mostly stress-induced fibro garbage.  I'm finally starting to get past it, though.  (Then, of course, it started to snow, but that's just painful, not the same crippling fatigue, depressed garbage I've been fighting lately).  Anyhoo...

I got this recipe through another blog: http://www.notmartha.org/.

To make bacon cups, form foil over the back of a muffin tin (She said she considered spraying the foil with cooking spray to avoid sticking), then covering/weaving bacon around each bump- she said it has too be a rather thick weave, as the bacon thins out as it cooks.  Put the muffin tin over another pan to catch the drippings to avoid fire.  Cook at 400 degrees until the bacon is crispy.

Fill with arugula or other lettuce and cherry tomatoes.  I haven't tried this yet, but I will add a dollop of mayo with some pepper on it when I do.

2 comments: